The Union of the Catholic Apostolate was founded by St Vincent Pallotti. In 1835 he called all to be apostles whether one was a lay person, a priest, sister or brother to work for the mission of Jesus in the Church for the world. The spirituality of the Union was the same for everyone without distinction while being appropriate to their way of life. The purpose of formation was to awaken and equip all to work together in equal dignity in the service of God and neighbor. After initial opposition, Pallotti’s vision was vindicated by the Second Vatican Council and received official approbation from Rome in 2008, not only for Rome but for the whole Church. Each country where Pallottines work has a National Coordination Council which encourages apostolic ventures. In Australia we have two local groups: in Perth and in Melbourne from where the formation team operates.
The Formation Team:
Fr Pat Jackson SAC (Formation Coordinator) and Mrs Lorraine McCarthy (Formation Assistant)
The Office of Formation is at St Christopher’s Parish, 5 Doon Ave, Syndal 3150.
Formation programmes dealing with St Vincent’s spirituality:
- A parish mission on his basic message;
- six booklets on Vincent’s spirituality adapted for small groups;
- various formation readings such as “Apostles for Today”, the UAC Newsletter from Rome and our Australian “Pallottine Family Newsletter” published by Merle Gilbo.
Lorraine McCarthy complements Pallotti’s vision with such courses as:
- a variety of day or weekend retreat programs
- the Called and Gifted Workshop,
- the Alpha Evangelisation Course & Marriage Preparation Courses
- Bible Studies.
Lorraine is available to assist your Parish or group with the programs above.
Contact us in regard to your faith formation and apostolic needs and we will respond as best we can.
Fr Pat Jackson SAC and Lorraine McCarthy
Telephone: 9802 8538